|September 15, 2014
|September 8, 2014
|September 2, 2014
- Underwriting Family History for LTC - updates
- LTC compensation for Wisconsin - reminder
- John Hancock product & pricing changes - effective September 8th
Changes will be made to John Hancock products and pricing for all new business effective September 8th. The changes include: 1) product & rate changes for Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder in Arizona, Delaware, Florida, South Dakota, and New Jersey, and 2) product & rate changes for Custom Care III Partnerships in Connecticut and Indiana.
Important Transition Guidelines:
Paper applications for current rates, benefits, and products must be signed on or prior to September 7th and received in the home office by September 8th. LTC Captivate business must be signed and submitted to through the system prior to September 7th.
- John Hancock underwriting process changes - effective September 8th in Florida and Hawaii
Learn about the process changes taking effect in Florida and Hawaii on September 8th. (Please note: Florida has its own process and requirements.)
- Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder available in CT, DC & IN – effective September 8th
Please note: These states are also moving to gender distinct rates for the first time. Unisex rates will remain for Employer Sponsored Groups only.
- Updated Personal Worksheets - effective September 8th
John Hancock will have new personal worksheets in all states (except Florida and New York) to reflect the 2013 in-force rate increase recently requested for approval. These worksheets will be included in all application booklets and will be available September 8th.
- The Advertising Compliance Guide for LTC - now available
This helpful guide from John Hancock outlines LTC insurance advertising regulations and requirements for the Interstate Compact and states, internal review process, and required filings and considerations.
- The 2014 Medicare Guide – now available
This updated guide provides you with everything you need to know about the Program.
- LTC: Desired Premium
Use Mutual of Omaha's helpful information to get a desired premium for your clients.
|August 25, 2014
- 5 weird places to look for LTC planning prospects
Where to forage for wise -- and healthy -- consumers.
- Priviledge Choice Flex 3 – Genworth microsite
This product - now available in all states except CA, CT, FL, HI, IN, MD, MT, NY and VT – comes with the availability of FlexFit packages. These packages give you the flexibility to choose the right fit for your client, combined with the simplicity of prepackaged benefits. There are two package types:
- The FlexFit Premium package is based on an annual premium. If your client is interested in LTCI, but needs to stay within a certain budget amount, the FlexFit Premium package has options starting at less than $100 monthly for qualified applicants.
- The FlexFit Coverage package is based on an initial coverage amount. If your client’s focus is on protecting a certain amount of income and /or assets, the FlexFit Coverage package has options starting at $100,000 of initial coverage to help them achieve this goal.
- Let’s Talk
Genworth's Let’s Talk provides great tools to help you and your clients have productive conversations about long term care planning.
- Family history underwriting – changes from Genworth
- Completing the MutualCare Solutions application
Take a look at Mutual of Omaha's presentation on Completing the MutualCare Solutions Application.
- LTC News - from Transamerica
|August 18, 2014
|August 11, 2014
|August 4, 2014
- LTC- Next Steps Brochure
You can use the Next Steps Brochure to show your clients what to expect once their Long Term Care policy issues.
- LTC News - Transamerica
- Claims service – agent brochure
Also, listen to what one policyholder has to say about his family's experience with Transamerica’s claims department by viewing his personal testimony.
|July 28, 2014
|July 21, 2014
- Here’s Why You Should Consider Long-Term Care Insurance
- Putting more life in long-term care
If you've been sitting on the fence about long-term care insurance, maybe it's time to lean forward.
- Genworth Flex Effect LTC Sales contest – NEW!
For every Privileged Choice Flex, Privileged Choice Flex 2 and Privileged Choice Flex 3 Long Term Care Insurance application received between July 21st and September 30th, and placed by December 31st, you win VISA gift card(s). See our incentives page for details!
- Genworth FlexFit – NEW!
With the launch of Privileged Choice Flex 3 (Flex 3), Genworth is introducing FlexFit Packages; bringing the best of both worlds together with options that can be more affordable to many of your clients.
- Genworth Privileged Choice Flex 3 launched in 42 states
- Changes to Genworth Privileged Choice Flex 1 and Privileged Choice Flex 2
- Delaware is now a Long Term Care Partnership State
- Genworth Live+Well customer video – NEW YouTube link
- 2013 and 2010 in-force rate action notifications to take place in late August
The 2013 in-force rate action includes John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in Arizona, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Wyoming. The 2010 rate action applies to John Hancock and Fortis LTCI individual policies in Pennsylvania, where we will continue the implementation of the rate increase for policyholders who have received their initial "capped" increase. It also includes John Hancock policies in Colorado and West Virginia. Rate increases will have an effective date beginning with anniversaries on or after November 1, 2014. Please note: The phone number to call with any rate action questions or inquiries has changed to 888-654-6582.
- Sponsored Group Discount Program – updated consumer marketing materials
The materials are designed to help you prospect in the worksite and affinity marketplace, and are approved in all states except Hawaii. Also, a new Program Highlighter has been developed that can modify any consumer marketing piece into one that features the 5% discount message. Click to view the Sponsored Group Program collateral guides for both the employer and affinity markets. All materials except the Agent Contact Poster are available. now. The poster will be available to order in late July. Stay tuned for updated employer and producer materials later this year.
- LTC Field Underwriting Guide
The LTC Field Underwriting Guide features the most recent guidelines to medical conditions and underwriting determinations. (Available in all states.)
- Insurability Screening Guide - now available
This new producer tool will help you determine your client's insurability. This is a key part of the initial sales process now that the medical questions are no longer collected by the agent. There is also an abbreviated version that is part of the producer instructions in the new application booklets. (All states except FL, HI and NY.)
- Application highlights - flier
This new flier highlights recently changed areas on the application, for easy reference.
- Partnership webinar training
- 4-Hour Refresher
LTC Connection now offers 4-Hour Refresher Training for only $24.00 via webinar (in select states). You will receive a Certificate of Completion that meets your state's DRA/NAIC LTC Partnership training requirements. Unlike online training, you do not have to take an exam. Click here to see if you are eligible to take a webinar. If not, we offer the 4-hour training online.
- Colorado 5-Hour Ongoing Mandatory Training
Colorado requires that the 5-hour ongoing training be taken in a classroom venue. LTC Connection has received approval from the Colorado Department of Insurance to now offer this classroom training via webinar. No more waiting for a class in your area or traveling to meet this requirement. Webinars are offered on a weekly basis, and there is no exam required. Click here for Colorado webinar schedule.
- How to get Maximum Benefits for Professional Home Health Care - LTC Sales Idea
- Transamerica's LTC eApp – NEW!
LTC eApp makes selling Transamerica LTCi easier. It’s a completely paperless system that will speed you through the application process. No more worrying about having the right application or carrying them with you. Click here to get answers to Frequently Asked Questions. Go to our eApp page or our LTC page for more information.
- Compare LTC benefits
View this policy comparison chart so you can see the Transamerica Difference for yourself.
|July 14, 2014
|July 7, 2014
- 5 steps to deal with LTCI declines
Tighter underwriting standards could lead to new planning challenges.
- John Hancock's first round of 2013 and next round of 2010 in-force rate action notifications
John Hancock has already started to notify the first round of policyholders impacted by the 2013 in-force rate action. In addition, they have begun to notify the next round of John Hancock and Fortis policyholders impacted by the 2010 in-force rate action. Rate increases will have an effective date beginning with anniversaries on or after September 1, 2014. Click here for complete details; including affected states and policy series, and an update to the average Forbes increase percentage.
- Insurability Screening Guide
This new producer tool will help you determine your client’s insurability (currently available in all states except Hawaii, Florida and New York). This is a key part of the initial sales process now that the medical questions are no longer collected by the agent.
- Application highlight flier
This new flier highlights recently-changed areas on the application, for easy reference.
- Help your client prepare for the Paramedical Exam
With the recent introduction of the new underwriting changes on May 19th, all clients (except in Hawaii, Florida, and New York) are required to undergo a paramedical exam as part of the LTC application process. This new consumer brochure has been developed to help your client prepare for the Paramedical exam
- In-Force Rate Action announcements from Genworth
- MutualCare Solutions
- Transamerica's LTC News