October 27, 2014
- Long Term Care Awareness Month – website from Life Happens
- 5 ideas for selling LTCI to the Medicare generation
To reach this generation, we have to find those who are not already adversely seeking us or to overcome what is sure to be an affordability objection.
- 3 reasons LTC planning is critical to estate planning
- Let’s Talk LTC - a great way to start the LTCI discussion
November is Long Term Care Awareness Month; which makes it a great time to get your clients talking about long term care. Get started with Genworths’ Let’s Talk Long Term Care Producer Guide. You’ll discover:
- How to use the consumer tabloid
- Why your clients resist talking about long term care, and what can get them started
- How to use timing to your advantage
- What clients expect from you
- Here’s the data clients need to plan for long term care
Provide the industry’s best data on long term care costs to help clients understand and prepare for the risk of long term care.
- 2014 Cost of Care Survey
Accurate, localized, and up-to-date cost data helps you and your clients plan accordingly for potential long term care needs. The Genworth 2014 Cost of Care Survey is the industry’s most comprehensive, covering more than 14,800 long term care providers in 440 regions across the US.
- Beyond Dollars Report
Reveals the many ways long term care could impact your clients, from finances, to careers, to lifestyle and state-of-mind. Download the Producer Guide for key facts and tips.
- Genworth in-force rate action implementations:
- Quick Reference Guide for Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder
Looking for a quick reference guide to the benefits and features of John Hancocks' Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder? Look no further! Download the facts-at-a-glance support brochure now.
- LTC Quiz – updated
John Hancock's LTC Quiz brochure is an interactive tool you can use to assess your clients' knowledge about some of the common myths and facts surrounding long-term care issues. What your clients learn may surprise them and encourage them to consider purchasing LTC insurance. The brochure is approved in all states. View and download the Compact version and Non-Compact version.
- Information regarding John Hancock's HIPAA Form for Florida
- The correct HIPAA form is LTC-HIPAA13.
- The Florida application booklets (LTC-9520FL) - and LTC-8820FL for use in the employer market - have been updated.
- Updated printed application booklets will be available to order soon.
- Help Your Clients Prepare for the Paramedical Exam
John Hancocks' Preparing for Your Paramedical Exam brochure will help clients know what to expect so they can be fully prepared for the paramedical exam. Download the Florida-specific version.
- 2015 Minimum Benefits for Partnerships in CT, IN, and NY
Effective January 1, 2015, all John Hancock Partnership policies in Connecticut, Indiana and New York meet or exceed the state-mandated minimums. Please note: the state-mandated minimum for New York is $142, and not $147, as previously reported. Click here for complete details.
- MutualCare Solutions gains Partnership approval in MD
Click here for details.
- Consumer-approved video – NEW
View Transamerica's new 3-minute video with your clients to help them consider their long term care needs.
October 20, 2014
October 14, 2014
- 5 ideas for selling long-term care insurance to Gen X
Other than getting to know your Gen X consumer, these five ideas will increase your LTCI sales.
- Dispel the Myths
November is Long Term Care Awareness Month, and there’s no better time to address some of the myths surrounding this major client risk. This fact-filled brochure from Genworth gives you the inside scoop on common long term care (LTC) misperceptions, regarding:
- Benefit increase amounts
- Perceived substitutes for LTCI
- Self-funding vs. LTCI
- Genworth's Privileged Choice Flex 3 launching in CT, FL & MT – effective November 17th
Red the bulletin.
- eValuate your opportunities more quickly
Many producers have been asking for help quoting long term care insurance for their clients. Genworth is excited to offer eValuate, a new Field Underwriting tool to do just that. Using the tool's reflexive questions on medical conditions and as-you-go results, you can be even more confident you have selected the best underwriting category for your client. eValuate is now available for both Privileged Choice Flex 2 and Privileged Choice Flex 3 cases. See how eValuate can help you choose the best rate class for your client.
- 2013 and 2010 in-force rate action notifications for late October – reminder
The 2013 in-force rate action includes John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in New Mexico and Wisconsin. And in Arizona, implementation will continue and notifications will begin for additional products. The 2010 rate action applies to John Hancock and Fortis LTCI individual policies in Texas, where implementation will continue and notifications will begin for additional products. Click here for complete details. Please note: The phone number to call with any rate action questions or inquiries has changed to 888-654-6582.
- LTC Quiz - updated
The John Hancock LTC Quiz brochure is an interactive tool you can use to assess your clients' knowledge about some of the common myths and facts surrounding long term care issues. What your clients learn may surprise them and encourage them to consider purchasing LTC insurance. The brochure is approved in all states except Hawaii. Click to view and download the Compact version and Non-Compact version.
- Updated Sponsored Group Consumer Materials – reminder
Now that employee benefits season is here again, it may be a good time for you to seek out new LTC insurance sales opportunities in the worksite and affinity marketplaces. John Hancock is prepared to support your efforts by providing you with updated consumer marketing material for the Sponsored Group Discount Program, available in all states except Hawaii. Get a list of materials for Employer and Affinity markets.
- Help Your Clients Prepare for the Paramedical Exam
John Hancock has developed a consumer brochure - Preparing for Your Paramedical Exam - to help your clients know what to expect so they can be fully prepared for the paramedical exam. The brochure is not available in New York; and there is a Florida-specific version.
- 2015 Minimum Benefits for Partnerships in CT, IN & NY
Minimum benefit levels for Partnership products have been announced. Effective January 1, 2015, all Partnership policies in Connecticut, Indiana, and New York must meet or exceed the state-mandated minimums. Click here for complete details. John Hancock will provide you with minimums in California as soon as they become available.
- Mutual of Omaha LTC Sales Ideas
Check out this LTC Sales Ideas Booklet!
October 6, 2014
- 5 ways to sell LTCI to boomers
Getting through to the boomers has been the greatest challenge of the long-term care insurance industry. Here's how to do it.
- 3 ways to use the new LTCI consumer data
Agents know all about those kinds of numbers -- but consumers don't.
- Genworth's FlexFit Premium options start at less than $100 a month
New Genworth consumer research just might change the way you sell long term care insurance (LTCI). Here’s what they’ve learned:
- The top reason consumers don’t buy long term care insurance is cost.
- Consumers believe LTCI could cost as much as $15,000 per year.
- They are 40% more likely to purchase LTCI when they see actual premiums.
Want to show your clients actual premiums? Now it’s easier than ever with the FlexFit Premium package. FlexFit Premium options start at less than $100 monthly for qualified applicants. Pick the annual premium option that fits your client’s budget, and the rest of the information will populate automatically.
- Genworth's Automated lab results
Automated lab results are now sent to applicants on every case at final disposition.
- Kiplinger LTC Video
Don't forget about the Kiplinger LTC video! It's an effective way to show clients the importance of Long-Term Care insurance.
- Transamerica's LTC News– October 2nd edition
September 29, 2014
- 5 ways to kill the LTCI slump
You have plenty of excuses to give up. Here's how to keep going.
- LTCI is too expensive and complex. Right?
Until recently, affordability and complexity made it harder for you to offer your clients long term care insurance (LTCI). Now you can overcome both challenges with Genworth's FlexFit packages. FlexFit packages help you design a Privileged Choice Flex 3 policy that best fits your clients’ needs. They start at less than $100 a month for qualified applicants, making it easier to fit LTCI into clients' budgets. And, their prepackaged features and benefits help make the product simpler to understand, explain, and sell. Check out Genworths’ special site where you can learn more about FlexFit packages. You can also view the following case studies that show the different FlexFit packages that can help meet your client’s LTCI needs:
- 2013 and 2010 in-force rate action notifications for late October
The 2013 in-force rate action includes John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in New Mexico and Wisconsin. Also, we will continue implementation in Arizona and begin notifications for additional products in that state. The 2010 rate action applies to John Hancock and Fortis LTCI individual policies in Texas, where we will continue implementation and begin notifications for additional products in that state. Click here for more information.
- Updated Sponsored Group consumer materials
Now that employee benefits season is here again, it may be a good time for you to seek out new LTC insurance sales opportunities in the worksite and affinity marketplaces. John Hancock is prepared to support your efforts by providing you with updated consumer marketing material for the Sponsored Group Discount Program, available in all states except Hawaii. Get a list of materials for Employer and Affinity markets. Also, make sure you have the correct the application booklets.
- LTC Sales Idea
How do you get people talking about long-term care? Check out this month's sales idea from Mutual of Omaha.
September 22, 2014
- Genworth In-Force Rate Action announcements
- MutualCare Solutions launching in CT – effective October 1st
Get the pertinent information on Mutual of Omaha's new LTCi portfolio - MutualCare Solutions.
- Transamerica's LTC News – September 18th edition
September 15, 2014
September 8, 2014
September 2, 2014
- Underwriting Family History for LTC - updates
- LTC compensation for Wisconsin - reminder
- John Hancock product & pricing changes - effective September 8th
Changes will be made to John Hancock products and pricing for all new business effective September 8th. The changes include: 1) product & rate changes for Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder in Arizona, Delaware, Florida, South Dakota, and New Jersey, and 2) product & rate changes for Custom Care III Partnerships in Connecticut and Indiana.
Important Transition Guidelines:
Paper applications for current rates, benefits, and products must be signed on or prior to September 7th and received in the home office by September 8th. LTC Captivate business must be signed and submitted to through the system prior to September 7th.
- John Hancock underwriting process changes - effective September 8th in Florida and Hawaii
Learn about the process changes taking effect in Florida and Hawaii on September 8th. (Please note: Florida has its own process and requirements.)
- Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder available in CT, DC & IN – effective September 8th
Please note: These states are also moving to gender distinct rates for the first time. Unisex rates will remain for Employer Sponsored Groups only.
- Updated Personal Worksheets - effective September 8th
John Hancock will have new personal worksheets in all states (except Florida and New York) to reflect the 2013 in-force rate increase recently requested for approval. These worksheets will be included in all application booklets and will be available September 8th.
- The Advertising Compliance Guide for LTC - now available
This helpful guide from John Hancock outlines LTC insurance advertising regulations and requirements for the Interstate Compact and states, internal review process, and required filings and considerations.
- The 2014 Medicare Guide – now available
This updated guide provides you with everything you need to know about the Program.
- LTC: Desired Premium
Use Mutual of Omaha's helpful information to get a desired premium for your clients.