December 22, 2014
- LTC Sales Ideas Booklet
The Sales Ideas booklet gives you tips and ideas to tackle these issues head on so you can turn your clients’ needs and concerns into sales. Here are the topics you’ll find:
- Become an LTC Educator
- Uncover the Problem
- How to Begin the Conversation
- How to Find Prospective Clients
- How the Cash Benefit Keeps People at Home
- Security for an Uninsured Partner
- Look for People with a Common Employer
- How the Buy-Up Option Works
- The Benefit of Partnership-Qualified Policies
- How to Get Maximum Benefits for Professional Care at Home
- LTC News – December 18th edition
In this issue:
- Transamerica LTC year in review
- Easy access to prequalification forms
- AALTCi publishes 2015 Tax Guide
- End of year office closings
December 15, 2014
- 8 ways LTCI issuers handle border crossings
What happens if a policyholder retires outside the United States? AALTCI wondered.
- 2013 in-force rate action notifications for late December
The 2013 in-force rate action includes John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in Maine, Montana, Oklahoma, and Washington state. Fortis policies or policies impacted by the 2010 in-force rate action are not included in this round. However, we will continue to notify those impacted policies and policyholders from previously announced rounds, as applicable. Click here for complete details.
- Updated Sponsored Group consumer materials now available in Hawaii
If you're looking for new LTC insurance sales opportunities, it may be time for you to enter the worksite and affinity group marketplace. John Hancock is prepared to support your efforts by providing you with updated consumer marketing material for the Sponsored Group Discount Program, now available in Hawaii. Download the lists of materials for Employer and Affinity markets.
- Updated John Hancock Leadership Flier
A changing LTC insurance environment requires strong leadership. Here is a flier that highlights the reasons you should consider partnering with John Hancock to expand your business.
- Caregiver Support Services update
John Hancock's Caregiver Support Services program will continue to offer the same benefits that it always has, through a new vendor. These benefits provide valuable support in the event that your clients find themselves in a caregiver role before they need care of their own.
- Introducing the Continuing Education Portal
John Hancock Insurance has partnered with a national CE vendor to provide you with 24/7 online access to insurance certification, designation, and continuing education courses at a discounted rate. The Continuing Education Portal is mobile-friendly, available in all 50 states, and includes such convenient features as instant grading, next day state reporting and processing, unlimited exam retakes, and live Customer Support. Click here for complete details.
- 2015 Minimum Benefits for Partnership in CT, IN, and NY
Minimum benefit levels for Partnership products have been announced. Effective January 1, 2015, all Partnership policies in Connecticut, Indiana, and New York must meet or exceed the state-mandated minimums. Please note: the state-mandated minimum for New York is $142, and not $147, as previously reported. Click here for complete details. John Hancock will provide you with minimums in California as soon as they become available. We will update you as soon as we are able to offer applications and product brochures that reflect the 2015 minimums.
- MutualCare Solutions Product and Underwriting Guide - revised
December 8, 2014
- If you think your clients can't afford LTCI, you might be wrong
There are many myths about long term care. And they might be holding you back from offering valuable protection your clients really need. Take a 30 second quiz to test your knowledge. Check out this Dispel the Myths about Long Term Care brochure; where Genworth dispels common LTCI myths and provides useful insights that could change the way you and your clients think about long term care insurance.
- Kiplinger's LTC Video
Check out the approved consumer-focused LTC video from Kiplinger's.
- LTCi - helping people avoid becoming a burden
The last thing parents want is to become a burden to their family. Most people know they may need help as they grow older, yet some don’t have children who live close by. Others know it’s not fair to assume their kids will be able to take care of them when the time comes. Yet others simply don’t want their kids to have to assume the role of caregiver. Watch this short testimonial video from Life Happens to see real-life accounts of how purchasing an LTCi policy helps people avoid becoming a burden to their families.
- LTCi Tax Advantages
There are a lot of advantages to owning an LTCi policy, like the potential to save on federal and state taxes. Here’s how:
- LTCi premiums may be tax deductible for federal tax purposes
- LTCi policy benefits are intended to be tax free
- Out-of-pocket expenses may be tax deductible
- Some states also offer tax deductions
- Transamerica's LTC News – December 4th edition
In this issue:
- Easy access to consumer marketing materials
One convenient e-kit and dedicated web pages give you an easy way to download or email our top performing LTCi pieces to clients.
- AHIP releases benefits of LTCi study
America's Health Insurance Plans has collected decades of data for a new report on the impact of LTCi on long term care financing.
- Aging's affect on millennials
Yesterday's U.S. News & World Report ran a short, informative article on the realities of caretaking.
December 1 2014
November 24, 2014
- 3 facts about families' wall of LTC silence
Northwestern Mutual found that many people have no idea what relatives plan to do.
- The noblest profession
A long-term care insurance agent talks about what he believes sets his specialty apart.
- Genworth Privileged Choice Flex 3 launced in CT, FL & MT
- 2013 & 2010 in-force rate action notifications for late December
The 2013 in-force rate action includes John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in Maine, Montana, Oklahoma, and Washington state. Please note: Maine requires that policyholders affected by this increase must be notified 90 days prior to the effective date, resulting in effective dates beginning no earlier than April 1, 2015. Fortis policies or policies impacted by the 2010 in-force rate action are not included in this round. However, we will continue to notify those impacted policies and policyholders from previously announced rounds, as applicable. Click here for complete details. Please note: The phone number to call with any rate action questions or inquiries has changed to 888-654-6582.
- 2015 minimum benefits for Partnership in CT, IN & NY
Effective January 1, 2015, all Partnership policies in Connecticut, Indiana, and New York must meet or exceed the state-mandated minimums. Please note: the state-mandated minimum for New York is $142, and not $147, as previously reported. Click here for complete details. John Hancock will provide you with minimums in California as soon as they become available. We will also update you as soon as we are able to offer applications and product brochures that reflect the 2015 minimums.
- Find out why LTC matters!
- Planning for LTC
It's LTC Awareness Month. Here are eight things from Mutual of Omaha that people should know about LTC.
November 18, 2014
- Long Term Care Awareness page
This site from Genworth contains an updated collection of thought-provoking materials ready for you to use. Starting the discussion has never been easier.
- Genworth's FlexFit Premium Package - case studies
- Genworth's FlexFit Coverage Package - case studies
- A 3-step best practice to help define your target client profile
Use this Increasing Share of Wallet – Target Client Profile brochure from Genworth to help define your target client.
- Genworth's in-force rate action resource center
- 2015 Partnership minimum benefit requirements for CT, IN & NY
- Genworth's Privileged Choice Flex 3 now available in CT, FL & MT
- New resource for you to share with clients
Americans are living longer, and that’s a wonderful thing. But the longer we live, the greater our chances of needing extensive healthcare services from hospitals, long-term assistance nursing homes, assisted-living facilities, and in-home care providers. With Lincoln National, you can support your clients by developing a strategy for the future. Lincoln Wealth Protection Expertise can help protect your clients’ financial outcomes from some of the biggest challenges — taxes, market volatility and longevity. Build client confidence. Share this important document.
- LFD-WPHT-WPR003 (for use in all states except AZ, CA, CT, DE, DC, FL, HI, IN, MT, ND, NJ, NY, SD and VI)
- LFD-WPHT-WPR004 (for use in in AZ, CT, DE, DC, FL, HI, IN, MT, ND, NJ, NY, SD and VI)
- LTC - Next steps in the application process
Use this Next Steps flyer from Mutual of Omaa to review with your clients what happens in the LTCi application process.
- Want your Mutual of Omaha LTCi business issued quickly?
Here’s what you can do to help.
- LTCI Marketing Credits Program
Mutual of Omaha’s LTCI Marketing Credits Program gives you the opportunity to score marketing credits that can be used to help build your LTCi business. Start earning credits on your fifth LTCi app placed after November 1, 2014.
- Earn 1% of ANBP
- 1 credit = $1
- Credits must be redeemed by March 31, 2016
- Transamerica's LTC News – November 13th edition
In this issue:
- TransBuilder customizable multi-life materials
- Family Matters brochure
- New easy access to LTCi consumer videos
- LTC eApp use growing
November 10, 2014
- 4 tips for finding the right premium for your next long-term care pitch
Knowing details about the costs of long-term care can help agents design more inexpensive products.
- 2 ways to increase LTC product sales
One lesson relates to procrastination. Another, to referrals.
- Think clients don't like the idea of LTCI?
The reality is very different, and your opportunity to offer long term care insurance (LTCI) could be much bigger than you thought. Take a 30 second quiz to see if your perceptions are right or wrong. Check out the Dispel the Myths about Long Term Care brochure, where common LTCI myths are dispelled and facts are provided that just might change the way you approach long term care planning.
- Temporary suspension of Genworth Individual LTCI products in MA & NH
- Genworth In-Force Rate Action announcements
- LTC Matters - the need is real
As a financial professional, you know the role that long-term care insurance can play in financial planning. You also know that one of the greatest challenges you face can be convincing your clients that the need is real. John Hancock's LTC Awareness Month series will provide you with the facts you need to show your clients that LTC Matters.
- It's LTC Awareness Month!
Be sure to take a look at the Kiplinger's Magazine insert for LTC Awareness Month.
- A close-up of Transamerica’s star-studded LTC performers
Click here for marketing materials to get your clients interested and informed about Long Term Care insurance. Whether they need a general overview of LTCi or greater insight into Transamerica LTC policy benefits, there’s a sales tool that can help.
November 3, 2014
- LTCI is too expensive and complex. Right? Not Anymore!
Until recently, affordability and complexity made it harder for you to offer your clients long term care insurance (LTCI). Now you can overcome both challenges with Genworths’ FlexFit packages. They start at less than $100 a month for qualified applicants, making it easier to fit LTCI into clients' budgets. And, their pre-packaged features and benefits help make the product simpler to understand, explain, and sell. To get started, determine whether you're solving for a certain dollar amount to stay within your client's budget, or a specific coverage amount to protect their income or assets. There are two FlexFit package types optimized for each goal: FlexFit Premium and FlexFit Coverage. Click here for complete details.
- Plan for Living
Use Genworth's Plan for Living Producer Guide and the Plan for Living Workbook to help you have a productive conversation with your clients about some of the biggest retirement risks they may face, including long term care.
- Integration of Genworth's Quote It! and eValuate
- You don't need an excuse to talk about Long Term Care with clients
Here are materials from Genworth to help you start the conversation!
- Requirements to Access Special (Couples) Benefits Form for MD – new form
Beginning November 17, 2014, a new Requirements to Access Special (Couples) Benefits form will be required for Genworth's Privileged Choice Flex 2 in Maryland.
- Genworth new business Conditional Insurance Agreement (CIA) – guidelines
- Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder available in CA – effective November 10th
John Hancock is re-entering the California market with Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder (non-Partnership product only). Benefit Builder is a first-of-its-kind feature providing an affordable alternative to more costly traditional inflation options. It includes:
- Automatic Crediting that allows policyholders to gradually grow their benefits over time
- Voluntary Buy-up Options that allow for additional flexibility by providing the policyholder with the opportunity every three years through age 75 to increase benefits by 10%
- Product & pricing changes for MT & ND – effective November 10th
On November 10, 2014, several changes are being made for all new business - including new rates and some changes to features on John Hancock's Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder - in Montana (unisex only) and North Dakota. Paper applications for current rates and benefits in these states must be signed by November 9th and received in the Home Office by November 10th. LTC Captivate business must be signed and submitted through the system by November 9th.
- LTC Captivate available in CT, HI, ND & CA – effective November 10th
LTC Captivate - John Hancock’s web-selling platform that supports an entirely paperless sales and application process for LTC insurance - will be available for use in Connecticut, Hawaii, North Dakota, and California on November 10th. Please note: In California, access is to the Plan and Apply sections only. To learn how to get started with LTC Captivate, view the presentation at jhltc.com, or sign up for a training webinar (listed in the webinar section above).
- John Hancock underwriting process changes for NY
Click here for details about the New York underwriting process. And, download the new consumer brochure - Preparing for Your Paramedical Exam - to help your clients know what to expect so they can be fully prepared for the paramedical exam.
- Grow your LTCI sales
Check out a copy of the Grow flyer to see why Mutual of Omaha is the right company for you!
- Transamerica's LTC News – October 30th edition
In this issue:
- Top Performers Materials Guide
- LTCi Needs Video
- Support 3in4 Need More
October 27, 2014
- Long Term Care Awareness Month – website from Life Happens
- 5 ideas for selling LTCI to the Medicare generation
To reach this generation, we have to find those who are not already adversely seeking us or to overcome what is sure to be an affordability objection.
- 3 reasons LTC planning is critical to estate planning
- Let’s Talk LTC - a great way to start the LTCI discussion
November is Long Term Care Awareness Month; which makes it a great time to get your clients talking about long term care. Get started with Genworths’ Let’s Talk Long Term Care Producer Guide. You’ll discover:
- How to use the consumer tabloid
- Why your clients resist talking about long term care, and what can get them started
- How to use timing to your advantage
- What clients expect from you
- Here’s the data clients need to plan for long term care
Provide the industry’s best data on long term care costs to help clients understand and prepare for the risk of long term care.
- 2014 Cost of Care Survey
Accurate, localized, and up-to-date cost data helps you and your clients plan accordingly for potential long term care needs. The Genworth 2014 Cost of Care Survey is the industry’s most comprehensive, covering more than 14,800 long term care providers in 440 regions across the US.
- Beyond Dollars Report
Reveals the many ways long term care could impact your clients, from finances, to careers, to lifestyle and state-of-mind. Download the Producer Guide for key facts and tips.
- Genworth in-force rate action implementations:
- Quick Reference Guide for Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder
Looking for a quick reference guide to the benefits and features of John Hancocks' Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder? Look no further! Download the facts-at-a-glance support brochure now.
- LTC Quiz – updated
John Hancock's LTC Quiz brochure is an interactive tool you can use to assess your clients' knowledge about some of the common myths and facts surrounding long-term care issues. What your clients learn may surprise them and encourage them to consider purchasing LTC insurance. The brochure is approved in all states. View and download the Compact version and Non-Compact version.
- Information regarding John Hancock's HIPAA Form for Florida
- The correct HIPAA form is LTC-HIPAA13.
- The Florida application booklets (LTC-9520FL) - and LTC-8820FL for use in the employer market - have been updated.
- Updated printed application booklets will be available to order soon.
- Help Your Clients Prepare for the Paramedical Exam
John Hancocks' Preparing for Your Paramedical Exam brochure will help clients know what to expect so they can be fully prepared for the paramedical exam. Download the Florida-specific version.
- 2015 Minimum Benefits for Partnerships in CT, IN, and NY
Effective January 1, 2015, all John Hancock Partnership policies in Connecticut, Indiana and New York meet or exceed the state-mandated minimums. Please note: the state-mandated minimum for New York is $142, and not $147, as previously reported. Click here for complete details.
- MutualCare Solutions gains Partnership approval in MD
Click here for details.
- Consumer-approved video – NEW
View Transamerica's new 3-minute video with your clients to help them consider their long term care needs.
October 20, 2014
October 14, 2014
- 5 ideas for selling long-term care insurance to Gen X
Other than getting to know your Gen X consumer, these five ideas will increase your LTCI sales.
- Dispel the Myths
November is Long Term Care Awareness Month, and there’s no better time to address some of the myths surrounding this major client risk. This fact-filled brochure from Genworth gives you the inside scoop on common long term care (LTC) misperceptions, regarding:
- Benefit increase amounts
- Perceived substitutes for LTCI
- Self-funding vs. LTCI
- Genworth's Privileged Choice Flex 3 launching in CT, FL & MT – effective November 17th
Red the bulletin.
- eValuate your opportunities more quickly
Many producers have been asking for help quoting long term care insurance for their clients. Genworth is excited to offer eValuate, a new Field Underwriting tool to do just that. Using the tool's reflexive questions on medical conditions and as-you-go results, you can be even more confident you have selected the best underwriting category for your client. eValuate is now available for both Privileged Choice Flex 2 and Privileged Choice Flex 3 cases. See how eValuate can help you choose the best rate class for your client.
- 2013 and 2010 in-force rate action notifications for late October – reminder
The 2013 in-force rate action includes John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in New Mexico and Wisconsin. And in Arizona, implementation will continue and notifications will begin for additional products. The 2010 rate action applies to John Hancock and Fortis LTCI individual policies in Texas, where implementation will continue and notifications will begin for additional products. Click here for complete details. Please note: The phone number to call with any rate action questions or inquiries has changed to 888-654-6582.
- LTC Quiz - updated
The John Hancock LTC Quiz brochure is an interactive tool you can use to assess your clients' knowledge about some of the common myths and facts surrounding long term care issues. What your clients learn may surprise them and encourage them to consider purchasing LTC insurance. The brochure is approved in all states except Hawaii. Click to view and download the Compact version and Non-Compact version.
- Updated Sponsored Group Consumer Materials – reminder
Now that employee benefits season is here again, it may be a good time for you to seek out new LTC insurance sales opportunities in the worksite and affinity marketplaces. John Hancock is prepared to support your efforts by providing you with updated consumer marketing material for the Sponsored Group Discount Program, available in all states except Hawaii. Get a list of materials for Employer and Affinity markets.
- Help Your Clients Prepare for the Paramedical Exam
John Hancock has developed a consumer brochure - Preparing for Your Paramedical Exam - to help your clients know what to expect so they can be fully prepared for the paramedical exam. The brochure is not available in New York; and there is a Florida-specific version.
- 2015 Minimum Benefits for Partnerships in CT, IN & NY
Minimum benefit levels for Partnership products have been announced. Effective January 1, 2015, all Partnership policies in Connecticut, Indiana, and New York must meet or exceed the state-mandated minimums. Click here for complete details. John Hancock will provide you with minimums in California as soon as they become available.
- Mutual of Omaha LTC Sales Ideas
Check out this LTC Sales Ideas Booklet!
October 6, 2014
- 5 ways to sell LTCI to boomers
Getting through to the boomers has been the greatest challenge of the long-term care insurance industry. Here's how to do it.
- 3 ways to use the new LTCI consumer data
Agents know all about those kinds of numbers -- but consumers don't.
- Genworth's FlexFit Premium options start at less than $100 a month
New Genworth consumer research just might change the way you sell long term care insurance (LTCI). Here’s what they’ve learned:
- The top reason consumers don’t buy long term care insurance is cost.
- Consumers believe LTCI could cost as much as $15,000 per year.
- They are 40% more likely to purchase LTCI when they see actual premiums.
Want to show your clients actual premiums? Now it’s easier than ever with the FlexFit Premium package. FlexFit Premium options start at less than $100 monthly for qualified applicants. Pick the annual premium option that fits your client’s budget, and the rest of the information will populate automatically.
- Genworth's Automated lab results
Automated lab results are now sent to applicants on every case at final disposition.
- Kiplinger LTC Video
Don't forget about the Kiplinger LTC video! It's an effective way to show clients the importance of Long-Term Care insurance.
- Transamerica's LTC News– October 2nd edition