September 28, 2015
- The Solution Selector – new interactive tool on The LTC Source
Chances are, many of your clients are confused by the various long term care funding options and are looking to you for solutions. Identifying potential solutions for a long term care (LTC) need begins with an understanding of your client’s priorities and unique situation. The Solution Selector can help you quickly navigate Genworth's long term care insurance, linked benefits, life insurance with riders, and annuities to find product options to help meet your clients' long term care funding needs. In four brief steps, this tool considers your clients’ priorities, preferred funding sources, and underwriting options to generate a quick output of LTC funding solutions for you to discuss with them. You can even generate quotes for each proposed solution. Bookmark The LTC Source and begin using the Solution Selector to deliver personalized service with big solutions for your clients.
- 5 easy underwriting tips for LTC
You can start using these five simple and easy tips today – no manuals to memorize, no learning about medical exams, and no need to update back office practices. Incorporating these simple tips into your practice can improve your placement rate, make for happier clients, and increase the return on the time you have invested.
Genworth’s eValuate tool can help you quote long term care insurance for your clients by more accurately identifying your clients’ underwriting categories. It’s fast and easy to use; providing results as you go through the tool. You can use the built-in prescreening questions to quickly determine if your client is insurable. Plus, with reflexive questions on medical conditions, you can be even more confident you have selected the most appropriate underwriting category to quote for your client. eValuate is now available in California, in addition to states that offer Privileged Choice Flex 2 and Privileged Choice Flex 3 products.
- Three client risks. One tool to help them prepare.
Download the latest Plan for Living workbook. It helps you have a productive conversation with your clients about some of the biggest retirement risks they may face. It guides you through challenges and solutions related to running out of money, facing an unexpected medical expense, and leaving loved ones unprepared.
- Having the LTC Talk – a video to help start the conversation
The video below illustrates Genworth’s R70i Aging Experience – a state-of-the-art technology that allows people to step into a future version of themselves to experience the physical effects of aging. Use the video to help to spark the conversation about the importance of planning for long term care needs and talking to loved ones about how they would prefer to age.
- Get to know John Hancock's Performance LTC
Whether you’ve been selling Performance LTC since it was introduced, or the product is new to you, John Hancock has developed material that will provide you with everything you need to know about this innovative coverage.
- Facts at a Glance is a quick reference tool that includes a high-level description of the features and benefits of Performance LTC.
- State Differences Flier highlights product variations by state.
- PLTC Collateral Guide is an overview of the material available to market this policy.
- Understanding the Lapse Prevention Safeguard Benefit describes how this benefit works and explains why it is a cost-effective alternative to Waiver of Premium.
- The Performance LTC Sales Illustration covers all aspects of the new sales illustration including the signature requirement and the custom illustration options.
- Consumer approved marketing materials
- Signed Illustration Process
John Hancock currently requires a signed illustration with every Performance LTC application. They also require a revised signed illustration prior to issue if there is a change to the premium during the new business process or if the client is requesting a reissue that changes the premium. New Business will accept a revised unsigned illustration prior to issue. This unsigned version will be included in the policy packet for the client and agent to sign on delivery. Please note if an updated illustration is required and not received prior to issue, John Hancock will not issue the policy.
- John Hancock In-force rate action notifications for late October
In late October, John Hancock will begin policyholder notifications on John Hancock and Fortis policies impacted by the 2010 and 2013 in-force rate actions, which will have an effective date beginning with anniversaries on or after January 1, 2016.
- The 2013 rate action notifications will include John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in Wisconsin. Also, the implementation of the 2013 rate increase in North Dakota will be continued for policyholders who have received an initial “capped” increase. Fortis LTCI individual policies originally issued in Utah, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina are also impacted.
- The 2010 rate action will include John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in Massachusetts and Fortis LTCI policies in Wisconsin will enter the next phase of implementation. Please click here for complete details.
- Consumer Partnership Brochure - updated
The Consumer Partnership Brochure - which describes the DRA partnership program - has been updated to reference Performance LTC. It can be used in conjunction with the PLTC Product Brochure in states where John Hancock has an active DRA Partnership. For more information, view the NAIC and DRA Partnership Training and Resource Guide.
- LTC06UI rate adjustment for WI
A premium rate increase on the LTC06UI block of business in Wisconsin will be implemented, beginning December 1, 2015.
September 21, 2015
- Ken's Story - video
Ken Dychtwald, PhD - a leading gerontologist and foremost expert on aging - tells the story of a rafting trip with his son. The story is an analogy of why having a guide is important in your client's financial and LTC planning.
- Dealing with Rate Increases
Premium hikes have become more prevalent for LTCI policy owners. Here are some suggestions for handling them.
- Learn about various LTC funding solutions
You can help your clients through a wide variety of LTC funding solutions. The key is understanding the various products and how each of them addresses their specific needs a little differently. That’s why Genworth created The LTC Source. It’s filled with tools and information to give you the expertise required to present personalized solutions.
- Mutual of Omaha's LTC06UI rate adjustment for MO
A premium rate increase on the LTC06UI block of business in Missouri will be implemented beginning December 1, 2015.
- Mutual of Omaha's LTCi portfolio available in New York – effective October 1st
MutualCare Solutions will launch October 1, 2015 in New York. Learn more.
- Mutual of Omaha Long Term Care rate increase for MS
On December 1, 2015, there will be a rate increase on in-force business in Mississippi.
- Transamerica's LTC News – September 17th edition
In this issue:
- BIO Sweet Spots: Which clients will benefit?
- New consumer material available for 9 states & DC
- In the News: NBC covers LTC caregiving costs
- 2 new AALTCI videos released
September 14, 2015
- Overcome the old “use it or lose it” objections
Are your clients concerned they’ll never use a long term care insurance policy and may “lose” the money they pay into premiums? In this new case study, you’ll see how the new Refund of Premium up to age 65 benefit on Genworth's Privileged Choice Flex 3 gives you a better response than ever before.
- Genworth's Privileged Choice Flex & Privileged Choice Flex CA Partnership – updated
- The LTC Source – NEW!
The LTC Source is a new website for professionals looking to grow their LTC knowledge. It’s filled with tools based on Genworth’s 40+ years of LTC insurance industry experience to give you the expertise required to present personalized solutions.
- Performance LTC
Learn more about John Hancock's Performance LTC & request a launch kit.
- Understanding the Lapse Prevention Safeguard Benefit
This flier describes how this benefit works and explains why it is a cost-effective alternative to Waiver of Premium.
- The Performance LTC Sales Illustration
This flier covers all aspects of the new sales illustration including the signature requirement and the custom illustration options.
- Now available in 6 additional states: AZ, CT, DC, DE, FL, IN & SD
View the bulletin.
- Brainshark training presentations
These 2 new training presentations provide all the insights you need for successful sales. (one-time registration required)
- Seller’s Guide
The Performance LTC Seller’s Guide highlights the many advantages that Performance LTC has to offer your clients.
- Sign up for the Long-Term Care Solutions Sales Summit - October 27, 2015
John Hancock is proud to be a sponsor of the Long-Term Care Solutions Sales Summit being held in Washington D.C. on October 27, 2015. You can register for free access to informative live-stream sessions on the web by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 818-597-3205. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to hear the latest industry developments and trends.
- Why flexibility is important
It's good to have choices; especially when it comes to a long-term care insurance policy. That’s why it’s important to ensure the LTC policy you provide your clients is flexible enough to meet their unique needs.
- LTC sales are up. Benefit Increase Options (BIO’s) are leading the way!
Learn more about Transamerica's BIO’s.
September 8, 2015
- 10 ways to avoid the LTCI decline plague
Make sure the applications you do submit can really lead to clients getting covered.
- Connecting the Right LTC Coverage With the Right Client
Some LTC coverage is better than no coverage — you can adjust policy features to meet clients’ budget and needs.
- Educate Your Clients About the Cost of LTCi
Take advantage of the recently updated LTC Cost of Care booklet to educate your clients about the actual cost of LTC services.
- Transamerica's LTC News – September 3rd edition
In this issue:
- Know the Sweet Spot: Deferred BIO
- See how Transamerica policies compare
- LTCi in the news - Study on healthcare spending by the elderly earns media attention and highlights the importance of LTCi for women
- WA Rebates & Inducements Laws
August 31, 2015
- Genworth's Privileged Choice Flex 3
- Genworth offers "Check Box Married"
Are you avoiding the long term care insurance discussion with a married couple because one of them may not qualify? Genworth is bringing "Check Box Married" to the newly enhanced Privileged Choice Flex 3 (Flex 3) with the Couple's Discount, so insurable clients can receive a 15% discount off individual premiums, even if their spouse or partner doesn’t apply or is uninsurable. Read this case study to see how one couple saved 15% off a Flex 3 policy.
- New tools to make Privileged Choice Flex easier to understand, explain and sell
- 4 underwriting categories enables healthier clients to have lower rates and provide more precise quoting.
- eValuate helps you easily identify a more likely underwriting category out of the four possibilities.
- FlexFit Packages let you solve for a premium or coverage level within your client’s comfort zone.
- Help your clients understand their cost of care
Mutual of Omaha's Cost of Care book can help your clients understand what they can expect to pay on average for long-term care services.
August 24, 2015
- John Hancock's Performance LTC - a new approach to LTC insurance
- State approvals
Now available in Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, and South Dakota; and the District of Columbia. Click here for more details; including transition guidelines.
- Microsite now available in additional states
The Performance LTC microsite is now updated to reflect the state approvals above.
- More competitive premiums
Modal premium factors have been changed; resulting in lower premiums for customers paying on a monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual basis.
- Enhancements to LTC Illustrator
User interface changes have been made to the JH LTC Illustrator system that provide additional flexibility and tools to support the sale of Performance LTC.
- John Hancock's Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder discontinued in AZ, CT, DC, DE, FL, IN & SD
On August 24, 2015, Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder was discontinued in Arizona, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Indiana and South Dakota. All Custom Care III featuring Benefit Builder applications must have been signed and received in the Home Office by August 24, 2015. LTC Captivate cases must also have been signed and submitted through the system no later than August 24, 2015.
- Make Mutual of Omaha your LTC Choice
Find out why Mutual of Omaha should be your choice for long-term care.
- Transamerica's LTC News – August 20th edition
In this issue:
- 5% Step-Rated BIO vs 5% Compound BIO
- Revised DRA Partnership Guide
- New Multi-life Video From AALTCI
August 17, 2015
- John Hancock's Performance LTC - a new approach to life insurance
- Now available in AZ, CT, DC, DE, FL, IN & SD
Get details and transition guidelines.
- More competitive premiums
Premium modal factors have been changed; resulting in lower premiums for customers paying on a monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual basis. Learn more.
- LTC Illustrator enhancements
Enhancements have been made to provide more flexibility and tools to support the sale of Performance LTC. Check out the new features that you’re sure to appreciate.
- Two new presentations to provide the insights you need for sales success
(one-time registration required)
- John Hancock withdrawing from Partnership Programs in CT & IN
After a thorough analysis of their long term care insurance business in Connecticut and Indiana, John Hancock has decided to discontinue sales of Partnership individual long term care insurance policies in those two states. View details and timing.
- In-force rate action notifications for late August
In late August, John Hancock will begin policyholder notifications on the next round of John Hancock and Fortis policies impacted by the 2010 and 2013 in-force rate actions, which will have an effective date beginning with anniversaries on or after November 1, 2015.
- The 2013 rate action notifications will include John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in Georgia and Nevada. Also, they will continue the implementation in Colorado and Pennsylvania and begin notifications for additional products in those states. Fortis LTCI individual policies originally issued in Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, and South Carolina are also impacted.
- The 2010 rate action will include John Hancock LTCI individual policies originally issued in Oregon.
- Get complete details.
- Mutual of Omaha'a lower inflation rates for Partnership Qualification approved in MN
Lower inflation rates now qualify for Partnership status in Minnesota for MutualCare Solutions (LTC13) product. Learn more.
- Rate increase on in-force LTCi business in GA & NM
A rate increase will be implemented on in-force Mutual of Omaha LTCi business in Georgia and New Mexico on November 1, 2015.
- Mutual of Omaha LTC06UI rate adjustment approved in MI, NE & WY
State approvals received for a premium rate increase on LTC06UI blocks of business in Michigan, Nebraska and Wyoming.
- The advantages of buying early
Why should people consider buying LTCi in their 40s and 50s? Not only is premium more affordable, it can also help ensure people are able to qualify for coverage. According to Eva Ng, who bought a policy at age 53, her agent repeatedly told her, "You'd rather be 10 years too early than five minutes too late." Watch this short video from Life Happens non-profit organization to hear Eva and others talking about the advantages of buying early.
August 10, 2015
- Promises Kept
Mutual of Omaha promised to pay their first LTCi claim back in 1987. Since then, they have paid more than $792 million in benefits to LTCi policyholders. In 2014 alone, they paid $80 million. Learn more in this updated Promises Kept piece.
- Transamerica's LTC News – August 6th edition
In this issue:
- Know The Sweet Spot: Step-Rated Benefit Increase Option
- Join the National LTC Solutions Sales Summit
- Couples Discount Clarification
- Take Action on Proposed Rule
- Latest LTCi Headlines
- NY Endorsement Forms
August 3, 2015
- Rosie the caregiver: 10 ways to help her rivet our LTC ship together
How do we support the women who will be mobilizing for the coming battle against long-term care costs?
- Fitting Long-Term Care Insurance Into Estate Planning
Long-term care insurance can benefit high-net-worth clients’ estate plans, even if they can afford the cost of care.
- John Hancock's Performance LTC
- Available in AZ, CT, DC, DE, FL, IN & SD – effective August 17th
Performance LTC – John Hancock’s new approach to LTC Insurance will be available in Arizona, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Indiana and South Dakota on August 17, 2015. Get details and transition guidelines.
- Premiums now even more competitive
John Hancock has changed the modal premium factors for Performance LTC; resulting in lower premiums for customers paying on a monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual basis. Learn more.
- LTC Illustrator – enhancements effective August 17th
On August 17, 2015, John Hancock will release user interface changes to the LTC Illustrator system that will provide more flexibility and tools to support the sale of Performance LTC. Check out the new features.
- John Hancock withdrawing from Partnership Programs in CT & IN – effective August 24th
John Hancock will be discontinuing sales of their Partnership individual long-term care insurance policies in Connecticut and Indiana on August 24, 2015. Get details.
- Learn about Mutual of Omaha's new LTC e-App
View this helpful presentation that explains how the new LTC e-App can work for you!