LTC Tax Rules & Important Information
In-force Rate Action Information
Recent LTC News
February 1, 2016
- In-force rate action notifications for late February – Get complete details.
- A Track Record of Innovation – Read the article from the John Hancock Journal
- Performance LTC product brochures – CORRECTIONS
Certain non-compact versions of the Performance LTC product brochure inadvertently include Waiver of Premium in the Optional Benefits section. The updated brochures are below:
January 25, 2016
- Genworth LTC Underwriting enhancements – Get details.
- Genworth In-Force Rate Action announcements
- Updated MutualCare Solutions Product & Underwriting guide – Download it now.
- Mutual of Omaha LTC rate adjustments - effective April 1st – Learn more.
- Transamerica's LTC News – January 21st edition – View it now.
January 18, 2016
- Help clients use an HSA to pay for LTC premiums – Learn how.
- Genworth's in-force rate actions
- John Hancock's Performance LTC
- This new flier - Flex account gives your clients more control - examines key aspects of Performance LTC to provide you with in-depth product insights. It explains the many ways your clients can use Performance LTC’s unique Flex Account to help meet their LTC insurance goals.
- Additional materials to market Performance LTC – View them now.
- 2016 Benefit Limits for Grandfathered Partnership States
There are new state partnership minimums in effect in the grandfathered partnership states that you should be aware of in the event that your clients request a decrease in their benefits. The new minimums are summarized here.
- 2016 eligible LTC premium deductions – View the bulletin and presentation for details.
- Learn how to use John Hancock's LTC Captivate 2.0
This training presentation is an easy way to learn how to use LTC Captivate 2.0 to support your sales. Join the many other producers who have embraced it as a new way to do business.
- New ways to sell LTC Insurance
Part 1 of this series - Show Your Clients How to Short-Pay their LTC Policy - demonstrates the flexibility of Performance LTC’s payment options, including how it can be structured to end premium payments once your clients’ working years are over.
- Get the updated Consumer Partnership Brochure. (Click here for the Florida version.)
- DRA Partnership Training and Resource Guide – Review it now.
- 5 things your customers expect from their LTC insurance carrier – Learn them now.
January 11, 2016
January 4, 2016
- A Very Important Date
Here are some important rules to consider when helping your clients determine which LTCi policy effective date is right for them.
December 28, 2015
- Genworth 2016 Partnership Minimum Benefit Requirements for CA, CT, IN and NY
- John Hancock Performance LTC – additional marketing materials available
Learn more about the recently approved consumer prospecting and seminar materials to help support your Performance LTC sales efforts.
- John Hancock Consumer Partnership Brochure - updated
The Consumer Partnership Brochure describes the DRA partnership program and can be used in conjunction with the Performance LTC Product Brochure in states where John Hancock has an active DRA Partnership. (Get the Florida-specific version.) For more information on the DRA Partnership, review the DRA Partnership Training and Resource Guide.
- Mutual of Omaha's 5 Steps to an LTCi Sale
From prospecting to policy delivery - and every step in between – this easy sales and marketing process will lead you to the ultimate destination…an LTCi sale.
December 21, 2015
- 3 Strategies to Find LTCI Premiums
Helping clients identify overlooked LTCI funding sources can get the coverage in place.
- Genworth's In Force Rate Action for California – WEBINAR REPLAY
Listen to the webinar that was held to hear important information about the California long term care insurance rate action.
- Upcoming rate adjustments
Learn more about the LTCi rate adjustments that Mutual of Omaha will be implementing on March 1, 2016.
December 14, 2015
- 2016 Eligible LTC Insurance Premium Deductions
Tax laws require the IRS to adjust the dollar amounts of dozens of tax provisions each year to account for inflation; including adjustments for eligible long-term care insurance premium deductions. Tax-qualified LTCI premiums are considered medical expenses for an individual who itemizes income tax. Please note: The article has been updated to reflect the correct Per Diem Limitation, which is increasing to $340. Get details.
- John Hancock's Performance LTC - sales tips
This flier is a first in a new series - New Ways to Sell Long-Term Care Insurance - that focuses on your clients who may be planning for retirement. It demonstrates the flexibility of the product’s payment options; including how Performance LTC can be structured to end premium payments once your clients’ working years are over.
- LTC Awareness Month - recap
LTC Awareness Month may be over, but the importance of planning ahead remains the same. You can still gain insights into the consumer mindset, learn ways to evaluate potential buyers, and get talking points to help you start a conversation with your clients about long-term care insurance.
- Transamerica's LTC News – December 10th edition
View it now.
- Why earlier is better
Watch this real life story that illustrates the advantages of buying LTCi early.
December 7, 2015
- Are you up to date on your Partnership training?
Here are the top three reasons why it's important to make sure you are up to date with LTCi partnership training.